Friday, January 24, 2014

Getting Creative

Today I'm playing in my scrap room.  Ever have those times when all u want to do is use paper and get that one page done.   I've been experiencing that same feeling with a particular paper pack that has been sitting in my scrap desk for over 2 weeks.   Untouched !   Yup I fiddled with many possibilities of pics and sketches for this paper and couldn't get it finished and commit to it and glue it down.    

Today I finally completed it with a little help from my friends over at Creatve Scrappers.  The sketch this week is perfect and a challenge all at the same time.  Serious cutting a triangle is harder than you think.   


Here is the sketch : 


Ok and here is my creation :  


So it's a layout of my hubby and his guitar.  Don't ask how many he has it's crazy and since our little Gman came along we have names for everything including Daddy's guitars. So here I introduce Mr. Yellow.  

Paper is Pink Paisley color wash line.  I created the background with dabbing versamark in my stencil and heating black embossing powder.  This gives my paper some texture and shine. It's a technique I really do love to use seems so natural to use my stencils with embossing powders.  And really I haven't seen anyone do it so it makes it unique at the same time.  

Thank you for stopping by!  

S

No comments:

Post a Comment